Turn the Page
From Wiki Gonzalez
As a page in a Primer Lounge reaches the high 90's, some posters feel that if they post just before a new page is created, their words will be ignored as readers swarm to the next page. As a result, one often finds filler messages posted in these slots containing nothing but wishes that the new page would appear soon.
In the December 3, 2004 Lounge, Gary Geiger Counter wrote post 599 under the name "Bob Seger" and said simply "Turn the page." He then wrote post 600 under the name "Metallica" with the same text. Finally, in post 601 he stated, although he made a mistake with his numbers, that the second post had been a "cover post" of the first, referring to Metallica's cover of Bob Seger's hit "Turn the Page".
In post 612 HCO penned these lyrics:
- Well you walk into a steroids thread
- Lookin' for some news
- And you can feel a battle starting
- As the endless flamewar stews
- And you try to reason with them
- But they won't accept your views
- Most times Retardo joins the fight
- Other times he don't
- All the same old cliches
- "They're cheaters and we've always known"
- And you always feel it's pointless
- To try to change the tone
- Said here I am
- On the Lounge again
- Posting fluff
- Avoiding rage
- Getting close
- To the bottom again
- Post 99
- Turn the page
- Turn the Page, from the December 3, 2004 Lounge.