New York Mets
From Wiki Gonzalez
Recipe for a Franchise
- 1 Miracle (vintage 1969)
- 3 Player-General Managers (a/k/a The Cabal: Franco, Leiter, Glavine)
- 5 teams in a wild and crazy divisional race (vintage 1973)
- 2 timeless series in the greatest postseason of all time (vintage 1986)
- 1 Grand Slam Single
- 2 outstanding managers (Hodges, Johnson)
- 1 Greatest National League Pitcher of All Time
- 1 threat of a pitcher's pornstar wife to fornicate with everybody associated with the team
Mix together in a large bowl. Discard other ingredients, including:
- 1 bizarre ownership era (Lorinda DeRoulet)
- 7 loony player acquisitions (Fregosi, Foy, Henderson/Flynn/Zachry/Norman, Foster, Samuel, Zambrano, Coleman)
- 1 decrepit stadium
- innumerable loud plaid jackets worn by a former announcer.
Bake at 350 for 43 years. Allow to cool.
Millions and millions of sometimes-delerious, oft-mistreated Mets fans.