From Wiki Gonzalez
Francesca! refers to Francesca Tosti, commercial actress and subject of BTF member CFiJ's non-stalkerish affections.
Francesca appeared in a Pepsi commercial as a girl in a hot dog suit unsuccessfully passing out flyers, while Blind Melon's "No Rain" plays in the background. Dejected, she eventually comes across a rather schlumpy fellow in a Pepsi costume. Presumably, they go off to happiness. (Jon Daly thinks the Pepsi guy looks like a young Ken Burns.)
The commercial (known as "Summer Job") ran extremely frequently during Cubs games broadcast by WGN early in the 2004 season, due to WGN's "Pepsi Line-Up". During one Cubs Game Chatter, CFiJ mentioned that the girl in the hot dog suit was just his type, and proceeded to exclaim "Hot dog girl!" whenever the commercial came on during the game. BTF member cmr helpfully provided the actress's full name: Francesca Tosti.
Cubs Game Chatterers then took to exclaiming "Francesca!" whenever the commercial came on throughout the first half of the season, until the commercial was replaced by an inferiorly terrific one featuring Sammy Sosa, a White Sox fan, and an extremely hot taco (actually a spicy taco, and not a smoking hot woman in a taco suit).
 External Links
- Pepsi Cola "Summer Job" commercial -- stars Francesca!
- Francesca Tosti's IMDB Page (photo gallery)
- CFiJ discusses the first appearance of Francesca!
- June 30 NYC Theater SLAM - the only known Google hit on "Francesca Tosti actor". By sheer coincidence, the contact for the Theater SLAM was Jason Kendall, presumably not the All-Star catcher.
- Pages listing descendants of Phillipe le Beau include one with a "Francesca Tosti" (b. 1966? Can this be our Francesca?). Oddly enough, I stumbled on this site a while back looking for information on Arndt Krupp von Bohlen und Halback, who is listed on this page. Coincidence? Heck yes.
- CFiJ's rival for Francesca's affections